PAGES

Wednesday, July 29, 2015

HOLISTIC

Word of today is HOLISTIC.
Meaning : relating to or concerned with complete systems rather than with individual part.
Full Definition:
1: of or relating to holism
2: relating to or concerned with wholes or with complete systems rather than with the analysis of, treatment of, or dissection into parts < holistic medicine attempts to treat both the mind and the body>
Source : Merriam-Webster Dictionary.

Why I chose HOLISTIC ? Back a few years ago, when i first met with this word. I really thought it is something related to the word of HOLY. Of course I am not googling the word just because I read for pleasure and it is okey if i do not know the meaning of one or two words. But right after that, HOLISTIC keep chasing me. I always found this word so many times. Until one day i finally reached one of my thick volume of dictionary and look up for the word. Ahaaaa.... i laugh to myself. The definition is totally contrast with the one I have in mind. Holistic vs Holy. It is okey and life goes on. But my life a step higher than before.


I get used with this word in Bahasa Melayu and I don't care very much. 
Holistic = Menyeluruh

But getting to know this word in English does make a different in my life. I was so ignorant for this word long time ago but today i found how useful this word for me. I used to use "the whole...of anything" in writing. But now I know how "holistic" reflect my life. It is never too late and I still learning. 
Learning never ends. 

Reflections of "holistic".

To see one's life holistically as a daughter or son, as employee or self-employed, student or learner and most ultimately as a khalifah in this world.

No comments:

Post a Comment