PAGES

Friday, March 25, 2011

Hope


As I ate breakfast one morning, I overheard two oncologists conversing. One complained bitterly, "You know, Bob, I just don't understand it. We used the same drugs, the same dosage, the same schedule and the same entry criteria. Yet I got a 22 percent response rate and you got a 74 percent. That's unheard of for metastatic cancer. How do you do it?"


His colleague replied, "We're both using Etoposide, Platinum, Oncovin and Hydroxyurea. You call yours EPOH. I tell my patients I'm giving them HOPE. As dismal as the statistics are, I emphasize that we have a chance."

1 comment:

  1. a hope i have, like everyone else...
    a hope of achieving my dreams...
    a hope to be with my special one...
    a hope of living this life happily...
    a hope to be in Jannah...
    a hope that this moment will last forever...
    in my blissful memory...
    b'cos on this very day my dear God...
    i'd found a new HOPE in my life!

    ReplyDelete